Gurgling noise coming from heating/water system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've recently noticed that in the mornings at about 6am, there can be gurgling sound which comes from the heating system after I hear the pump come on. It sounds a bit like air in the system, but if I bleed the radiators, no air ever comes out - just a healthy flow of water.

What could be making this gurgling noise? I've also checked the loft tank and that seems to have plenty of water in it and fills correctly if I press on the float. Could it be coming from the hot water side of things, rather than the central heating?

The noise is starting to wake me up now so I'd really like to get this sorted if that's possible!

Thanks
Nick

Sponsored Links
Depending on your system type(and so far it's a secret) it may be air being drawn down the open vent when the pump starts. That's only a guess as you tell us so very little.

Depending on your system type(and so far it's a secret) it may be air being drawn down the open vent when the pump starts. That's only a guess as you tell us so very little.

I'm astounded by the rudeness of your answer. I will ask elsewhere.

How am I to magically know what information you need?

Sponsored Links
I apologise if you took offence at my reply, but it was not meant like that. It was my attempt at Monday morning wit, but it obviously missed the mark.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back