gurguling boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello there hope someone can help i have a ariston eurocombi boiler which has been recrntly serviced. but i have noticed that when i turn the HW tap off it makes a gurgling sound. this dosent effect the way the boiler works but could it be a start of a future prolem. Cheers Gazza

Sponsored Links
Cant say much on this without hearing it but gurgling is usually sound of air in there somewhere. All I can suggest now is that you either get someone round to listen to it if you are worried otherwise if it ain't broke dont fix it.

Does the above comment suggest that a boiler should not be serviced?

I do very little installation work preferring to confine my activities to boiler repairs and servicing. It is a mistake to skimp on service as prescribed by the makers. I regularly carry out repairs on boilers that have been 'serviced' when in fact only an operational check was carried out.

Yesterday I serviced a Vokera boiler that was looked after by a major service provider. The heat exchanger matrix was totally choked with copper oxides and sulphates around the inlet clearly suggesting that repairs had been carried out (some new parts and chewed glands or missing gaskets) but no service as detailed in MIs. This sort of action leads to early demise of the appliance. Such lack of after care leads to usage of lump hammer and chisel to undo reluctant nuts and screws

Does the above comment suggest that a boiler should not be serviced
Good point DP and thanks for the vaillant stuff btw
I made that statement on the assumption that the boiler was serviced. After wracking my poor little brain cells about what could be wrong I came to the conclusion that any information I could give would have been too speculative to type out.
The post had gone 9 hours without a reply meaning no one else in that time had any specific ideas either. So I wanted to let gazza2005 know that people were looking at it and not ignoring him
Any fault manifests itself in some way to allow a diagnosis at some point and often boilers have their own little quirks which may or may not develop into something later on same as with cars

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back