Gutter fall pipe reducer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When we had our extension the builder dropped the gutter fall pipe carrying water from the front pitch of the extension and porch down to ground level and then ran a continuous length of pipe (same diameter of the fall pipe) along the border down to the road. Due to its height the pipe comes almost to ground level.

I want to put a reducer on the fall pipe just below the point it meets the ground so that I can fit a smaller pipe to gain some depth to cover it over with soil and grow some plants along the border. I have enquired with a plumbing centre and they say no-one manufactures a reducer for fall pipes and that I will need to improvise somehow.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can improvise a reducer down to something like 40mm?

Thanks

James

Sponsored Links
I think you could use a length of flat hose pipe attached with a jubilee clip or tie wrap to the vertical section at or just after ground level and it could then be buried while still allowing water to flow as long as you don't compact the ground over it. Something like these :

http://www.gardencentreonline.co.uk...html?gclid=CKeZtPqTw6kCFcRO4QodLCMgEQ[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but I don't understand how I would attach the hose pipe to the fall pipe with a jubilee clip. The diameter of a standard hosepipe is 13mm or 19mm and the diameter of the fallpipe is 68mm - surely I would need some kind of reducer?

Thanks

James

Sponsored Links
Reducing the diameter of a downpipe could turn into a maintenance nightmare. Consider what will happen when a few leaves and pieces of moss etc. get carried down the pipe by autumn rains.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back