Repairing, replacing and refitting guttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Over the winter it became aparent that the guttering on my house is not working properly.

It is white half hexagon type guttering with square down pipes.

There are some areas which are bowed, other areas which have shrubs growing up there and some where water from a downpipe is jetisoned onto the flat roof then runs off into the next section. These are all areas which I am comfortable rectifying.

The areas of concers are.

THere are various joins along the gutter where water leaks through the joins. Is there any sealant/glue/chemical weld which I could use to re joint them.

along a side extension the water seems to run down the side of the roof then miss the guttering and runs down the wall. althought the guttering is below the edge of the roof and fairly close to the block work under the overhang.

And lastly how the down pipes at front and back go straught into the ground. How can I test that where ever they drain to is working. I am not sure as It is an old house so if there is a soakaway or a rain water drain etc.

I live in an end terrace. 4 in total and the neighbour incidently does not have any down pipes.... so all his roof water runs through my guttering and into my down pipes. Is this a usual arrangement? And if the soakaways are not working should we both be getting our hands in our pockets?

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back