guttering over flowing when it rains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi when it rains the water runs down my down pipe onto my extension then runs down the roof tiles and into the guttering. The only problem is it shots over the top of the guttering and onto my patio

Sponsored Links
move the outlet pipe from the upper part of the house so its not sending water down the extention roof

Sponsored Links
What is happening is the downpipe from the upper roof is sending all the water into 1 profile of the roof which is increasing the speed of the water flow. what you need to do is use a spreader get a 90deg elbow & attach it to the bottom of the downpipe facing across the roof. get another length of downpipe about 1 meter long and cut slits into one side of it along its length (don't block the end off just in case it gets leaves blocking it.) fix this to the elbow with the slits you cut into it facing down, across the roof. this will spread the water across the roof & should solve your problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back