sagging Gutter

Reaction score
Country
France
I have a metal gutter connecting the house roof tiles to a large veranda and indoor pool area. Rain falls into a zinc gutter in the valley between the two structures. Unfortunately, once in the gutter, the water does not exit properly into the downpipes. There a down pipe at each side of the roof. but the ends of the gutter are higher than the middle so I constantly have 2-3 cm of water in the centre of the gutter but the ends (downpipes) are dry. Is there a self levelling compound that I can pour into the middle of the gutter that will force the rainwater to exit in either direction?

Sponsored Links
Not aware of a self levelling compound that would work under water, you could raise the middle section of the gutter by refixing the nearest bracket to the fascia/rafter foot.

Blup

Sounds like he might be meaning a box gutter between two roofs?
If he is in France which it sounds like he maybe they have some great gutter system but not as simple as raising up a bracket.. usually

You are absolutely correct New Forest Roofer. It is a box gutter and is not nearly as simple as raising a bracket. The box gutter has inside it a zinc gutter and one of the problems is that water gets into the box gutter from the zinc gutter and into the house from time to time. It is very complex hence my search for an easy fix to raise the level of the gutter in the middle by putting in a some kind of compound. This may not be perfect but would be an improvement on the 3cm of stagnating mosquito breeding water in the central 9meters of gutter!

Sponsored Links
Thanks Blup, but it's not as easy as that....see my reply to New Forest Roofer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back