Some advice. Guttering and down pipe issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We live in a terrace house. Ours is the middle property of three that share guttering and the down pipe runs down the front of one of the properties to one side.

Basically, the down pipe is cut off about 6 foot off the ground. So any rainwater collected from the three roof comes down that pipe then just falls out. It's about 2 feet from our property.

I am worried that this will cause damp, firstly to their property but then over to ours. Also, because our driveway is lower then theirs, our drive floods quite badly, especially with the bad rain recently.

We get on ok with the neighbours, but I wouldn't call us friends. We have mentioned it to them a couple of times but they haven't done anything about it.

I have a feeling that the drain where the down pipe should go into is either blocked or broken.

So, question is, are we jointly responsible for getting it fixed? Or is it up to them? What if we do get damp?

Hope that all makes sense.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Do you mean the none existent down pipe?

A while, but i couldn't say exactly. At least 6 months but probably more.

Sponsored Links
Funnily enough I was just reading some old deeds today that said that the gutters and down pipes were a shared responsibility.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back