guttering between house and conservatory

JBR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guttering along two sides of my conservatory where it is built against the house is leaking or overflowing, and I would like to replace it.

It is inaccessible from above because of the overhang of both roofs. The gap between the edges is only about two inches. The only way I think I can replace it (without removing the conservatory roof entirely - very expensive) is to access it from below. Underneath the guttering, inside the conservatory, is a row of boards which I should be able to remove without causing much damage internally. The problem I foresee is how to attach new brackets with the new guttering already fitted - there is not enough space above to insert the guttering from above as is done conventionally. Any ideas as to how to screw the brackets to the eaves with the guttering already inserted?

John

Sponsored Links
I am trying to send a diagram via e-mail to be inserted into this thread.

Sorry, I am new to this forum and not sure how to go about this. Hopefully, it will appear!

Thanks

John

Sponsored Links
You should have a box gutter installed, designed specifically for this purpose.
Pete

Fluffster

Thanks for your very prompt reply.

Could you point me towards any web sites about these so that I can find out more. Are they expensive? Could I fit them myself? Can they be fitted from below (ie, without the need to dismantle the conservatory roof)?

John

Best to replace the plasterboard highlighted in red with exterior plywood (WPB) then plasterboard underneath if needed. The plasterboard will go mouldy in damp condition.

As Fluffster pointed out, they're many suppliers for box gutter, might be an idea to line the box section with dpm sheet before the box gutter to make it water tight if the gutter overflow etc.

You could even make the box section out of plywood then use gutterline which is made of rubberised plygene so it can go right under the roof section. Even made to measure, approximately £5 per metre.

Thank you both for your very helpful posts.

John

Your welcome John hope you get a break in this windy squally weather to sort it out.
Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back