guttering overflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When it is heavy rain there is a gulley in my roof that hits the guttering and goes straight over the edge. Is there anything I can buy to raise the height of one side of my guttering? just need a foot long flat piece that ideally clips on the top of my guttering edge. Can't seem to find anything off the shelf. May need to make something, but can't seem to find flat brown plastic like the guttering.

Sponsored Links
You'll have to bodge it i think. Plastic bodge- felt support tray, cut a suitable sized bit off, glue to gutter. Lead bodge- same thing.

Not sure about your gutter situation from your description but could a hopper head be the solution?

Sponsored Links
If it’s going to overshoot the gutter, wouldn’t you rather it did that than bounced back all over the eaves? Angling the top discharge pipe differently may sort it. But yeah pics would help

People tend to resolve this with a lead upstand fashioned into the gutter.

A lead shute into a hopper head connected to rwp I would say would be the best solution but it depends on the position of the nearest rwp.

Thin aluminium plate, cut to size, form it with something round similar to gutter itself like downpipe to get it curved. Corners rounded or filed, predrill holes for rivets. Spray black to finish off to stop it standing out....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back