GWS vs Reliance - Accumulator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have experience of either of these?

Reliance – Aquasystem 500 Litre Potable Expansion Vessel XVES050150
£660

GWS Challenger 450L Accumulator Tank
(same as Stuart Turner Mainsboost 450SV?)
£690

Both are similarly priced.

The reliance has a replaceable membrane.
The GWS has a 5 year warranty.

Mainly thinking about longevity, rather than performance (which I assume will be identical).

Sponsored Links
If it's longevity then the one with the replaceable membrane would seem to have the lead, unless the cost of the replacement membrane is prohibitively high. It may be worth also considering that a ruptured membrane would expose the mild steel casing to oxygenated water,so if that rupture isn't found and rectified quickly then the subsequent rusting (and rough surface) may cause rapid wear of the new membrane.

I wasnt able to find an online price for the replacement membrane.

I'm inclined to think the GWS has better marketing behind it and essentially is the same as the Reliance (they talk about patents related to better design - but does it translate to better longevity in reality?).

Someone must have experience of either of these - how long has it been in operation, and have you had any issues over the years?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back