Hairline crack on the shower tile grout

Ok, I'll try and remove the grout and the tile. How do I remove the tile safely without damaging it?

Thanks.
If the tile is loose it will most likely fall off once you rake out the grout.

Sponsored Links
What thickness of ply was used? If the ply board itself is moving you have a far more serious problem; it’s either not been built properly in the first place or the surface plies under the tile have already rotted. Can you not get someone to push the front while you look at the back behind the studding?

Either way it’s got to come off; it’s probably the grout holding it in place, rake it out & see what happens, a little encouragement with a flat scraper will help you extract it in a controlled fashion.

What thickness of ply was used? If the ply board itself is moving you have a far more serious problem; it’s either not been built properly in the first place or the surface plies under the tile have already rotted. Can you not get someone to push the front while you look at the back behind the studding?

Either way it’s got to come off; it’s probably the grout holding it in place, rake it out & see what happens, a little encouragement with a flat scraper will help you extract it in a controlled fashion.

The builder reckons he used 12mm waterproof ply. He is agreed to come and take a look at it. I think I'll wait for him. The shower is not used anyway.

Sponsored Links
To my horror, our normal shower also appears to have a hole on it :(.

Please remind me what's the best board to use on stud walls in the shower?

Thanks.

Since posting it, I found Richard's other postings. Aquapanel is what you are recommending for this task?

One more question:

If the stud wall meets a brick wall on one side, how do you close the gap between them? Do you need to something special or tiling over them would cover it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back