1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Grout or silicone in leaky marble-tiled shower?

Discussion in 'Tiling' started by potato80, 23 Aug 2020.

1. potato80

potato80

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi all

My old marble-tiled shower (pictured) is leaking from the gaps between the tiles.

I think it's mainly coming from the hairline gap that runs along the bottom edge of the tiles, where they meet the shower tray, but I'm gonna re-do the whole lot anyway.

My plan is to use an oscillating tool and diamond-tipped blade to carefully remove the old grout.

Should I then use grout or silicone (or grout then silicone, perhaps at the bottom edge) to repair?

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

Last edited: 23 Aug 2020
  2. Sponsored Links
  3. sircerebus666

sircerebus666

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Remove the old silicone , grout , then on top of that do a silicone bead all-around the edge of the tray and tiles to the side of the tray

Dow Corning silicone is very good

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. potato80

potato80

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Many thanks ✌

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local