Hairline Cracks, Larger Cracks, Damp Areas...some daylight to outside...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Daughters bedroom was decorated about 10 years ago as a new born, I had walls and ceiling re-plastered beforehand.
Emptied the room, took down wall hangings and blinds and am finding lots of, what I hope are, relatively minor issues, but would like advice on the best way to resolving:

1. Mold and damp around window - some paint is peeling off but eventually the peeling stops
Q) How best to treat the mold/damp areas on the walls
Q) How best to paint where the plaster is now bare and then abruptly meets fully painted?

2. Largish gap when removing sealant for top left of window frame - I can almost see daylight, there are definitely areas of lightness visible through the gap
Q) What would be the best way to fill this gap and treat?

3. Mixture of small and large hairline cracks - in the corners there are large ones and small bits of plaster drop out very easily where lightly scraped with a screwdriver
Q) What is the best way of dealing with the smaller hairline cracks (I've see two options online - both scraping out the crack and filling, some use tape, some don't)?
Q) Best way of dealing with the larger cracks, specifically the ones in the corners - is there a specific way of dealing with corner cracks as opposed to those on a flat surface?

Thank you in advance!

IMG_5492.jpg IMG_5490.jpg IMG_5495.jpg IMG_5496.jpg IMG_5497.jpg pixil-frame-0.png pixil-frame-0 (2).png

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back