hairline cracks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having trouble with one wall that's traditional plastered, I have given it a mist coat of white contract emulsion 50/50 but I'm seeing what looks like hairline cracks that run diagonal in various spots

If I run my finger over them I can feel the paint where it's raised, the paint doesn't sink, i have tried giving the lines a light sanding but if I paint over them again the lines reappear.

Whats the best solution to deal with this?

Sponsored Links
I have found that the best way to keep them at bay is to rake the crack out so that you make it slightly wider and deeper ( use an old screwdriver or similar) , then fill with easyfill or a good fine filler.
The filler may shrink back a little and you may have to repeat the process but once sanded and painted, it will be like it wasn't there at all.
Mike

Try using kitchen and bathroom paint on the hairline cracks as it is good at filling hairline cracks and is very flexible then paint over.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back