hairline cracks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have hairline cracks in my ceiling and coming down into my coving what is the best fix please :?:

Sponsored Links
I would use any of the ready-mixed fine surface fillers available at most DIY outlets - something like Tetrion if you want a specific name but there are many to choose from.
You may need to rake out the cracks just a little with the edge of the filler knife to give the filler something to grip on. Very fine cracks may not take in sufficient filler to grip and it will crack again quite quicky. Sometimes just an extra thick application of paint is enough to fill some cracks.
If you do use a filler try and finish it as smooth as possible but if it needs rubbing down use a fine sandpaper on a block and don't rub too hard or you will rub through the paper covering on the coving which will look 10 times worse than the cracks you are repairing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back