Halal and Kosher

M

merlin50

Both the Jewish and Muslim religions demand that slaughter is carried out with a single cut to the throat, rather than the more widespread method of stunning with a bolt into the head before slaughter. :eek:

I love eating meat but this is sick

why do we put up with this

Sponsored Links
Cuz we don't want to upset the Muslims now do we? :rolleyes:

Joe, says muslim and jews. So, are you being selective or is it something I do not know?

Sponsored Links
The blades are very sharp and the death is pretty quick. Basically, all slaughter of animals is pretty unpleasant.

Never timed it to be honest Joe.... didn't we all have this very same conversation 3-4 months ago and someone who used to work in a slaughter house dispelled the myth that all bolt-killed deaths are instant and that some infact survived after multiple bolt hits?

Halal and Kosher meat have to be VERY well treated with the blades made sure they are sharp with no imperfections, all animals destined to be halal or kosher have to be kept in very good conditions too..

All animals going for slaughter are housed and kept in decent conditions, irrespective of the method of slaughter.

The RSPCA (the experts) forced slaughter houses to stun animals prior to slaughter, as to do otherwise was cruel. End of story.

There is a difference of opinion within the Muslim community in regards to what is actually Halal.

Most of the halal meat is actually stunned before the throat being slit.

HFA authorised halal meat is stunned. All the halal meat in KFC, Nando's, Asda, Tesco, Taybarns etc is HFA.

HMC meat is NOT stunned, and this generally tends to be the meat found in butchers. Now many Muslims will eat both HFA and HMC approved halal meat. As long as the animal is not killed by stunning it, the meat would actually be classed as Halal according to Quranic laws.

I stopped eating meat a long time ago after doing some work in a slaughterhouse, I have no objections to other people eating meat but its not for me.

Ive no objection to eating halal or non-halal meat.

I do think that people should be made aware of what they are eating though so that they can chose whether to eat it or not.

it's all to do with outdated "laws" set out in the bible and various other religious texts ( they're all copied / twisted from one another anyway )

it was basic food safety..
"don't eat anything that you didn't kill yourself, see killed or was killed by someone you trust".. simply that you don't know if the cow or whatever died from some nasty disease and they're just trying to fob the meat off on you or deliberately make you sick..
"don't eat pork".. this is because pork spoils fast in hot climates, and were often carriers of tape worm larve, which you don't want to get..

Allah wasn't the prophet, he's god.. Muhamed was his prophet. ( and Moses and Jesus too apparently.. )

Sponsored Links
Back