hall thermostat

Danfoss TP7001M is a decent one. Up to 6 different termperatures/times per day, you can have each day different as well if required.
Has a white backlight, rather than the vile blue ones that seem popular with certain other manufacturers.
Make sure it's the M version which is mains powered. The TP7001 is battery powered.

I have fitted a Horstmann HRFS1 Programmable Room Thermostat in my mother's house. Not perfect see this post on positions but I do see an advantage of being able to move it's location with ease and so find the best compromise.

I have a similar one myself early version of the Horstmann DRT2 Programmable Digital Room Thermostat much cheaper but same idea, however my cheap one has 4 times Mon - Fri all the same and two times Sat and Sun independent of each other, where the wireless on has 5 times independent for 7 days.

i am being spoilt here for choice
i check the wiring diagrams for all the suggested thermostats so far and get a bit confused as to where to connect my..
red...live supply
yellow...switched live to boiler
blue...neutral

really a one or two timings for every day would do me but mainly a large and clear display
we both wear glasses and find the small rotary type not easy to read

big thanks for this input chaps
cheers
geof

Sponsored Links
HRFS1 needs neutral the portable display is easy to read it looks more like a portable room thermometer than a central heating controller portable bit clearly has batteries. DRT2 does not need neutral just fold it back and tape it up, it uses batteries which should last two years, but I change every year. At £25 about the cheapest.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back