Wireless boiler control.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mother boiler had a thermostatic timer that changed the temperature at different times of day. Like this but older model but when a new central heating package was fitted they replaced it with a timer and wireless thermostat and ripped out the wiring.

I am having a problem with carers altering the temperature and would like to return to old system as once the period ended any over ride was removed so it returns to settings I have programmed.

I think the Horstmann HRFS1 Programmable Room Thermostat may do what I need?

If I was using a wired I would use two units one for night and one for day and connect in parallel the night time temp on day unit would be set low and day temp on night using set low so it would change between the two main rooms.

At £61 each not inclined to fit two units so is there some other wireless way to control two rooms according to time of day?

Thoughts please. There are only five used areas in the house. Kitchen not used enough to worry about, same with wet room and hall so living room and bedroom only really.

Sponsored Links
I am having a problem with carers altering the temperature and would like to return to old system as once the period ended any over ride was removed so it returns to settings I have programmed.

Have you got the manual for the new wireless thermostat? It may have the facility to PIN lock it. Assuming the adjustment is not a manual knob.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back