wireless thermostats

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,,could somebody tell me how to wire a wireless room thermostat
to a valliant eco tec plus 612 boiler I only have a honeywell programmer for hot water and heating in airing cupboard upstairs but would just like to control room temp without going to the boiler control all the time...the honeywell programmer Installed is a ST699 wired to a honeywell wiring centre with 10 terminals...I want to install a honeywell wireless cm921 thermostat,can I do this without taking out the existing programmer...Thank you people.....

Sponsored Links
The receiver needs a L & N supply for it to work.

It also has 'volt free' terminals - A & B - which are switched to call for heat.

In your case I would use the 'volt free' connections to interrupt the 'CH ON'
from the programmer which will then need to be set to permanently on.

You might find that the boiler has terminals for a room thermostat which have been jumpered.

Sponsored Links
The receiver needs a L & N supply for it to work.

It also has 'volt free' terminals - A & B - which are switched to call for heat.

In your case I would use the 'volt free' connections to interrupt the 'CH ON'
from the programmer which will then need to be set to permanently on.
. Thank you this seems to be the easiest option but wll this effect my hot water settings on thee programmer and would I use terminals 3and4 on the boiler..

It will not affect the water settings.

You do not need to touch the boiler. That is the point.

In the wiring centre, find the CH ON wire from the Programmer,
separate it from the wire to which it is connected and
then connect these two wires to the two wires from A & B.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back