Haloween....

sorry at the expense of hijacking the thread but the coop was mentioned and I had to say since they took over somerfields our grocery bill has nearly doubled! 38p for a 2 litre bottle of coke that last week was 19P! :evil:

Sponsored Links
sorry at the expense of hijacking the thread but the coop was mentioned and I had to say since they took over somerfields our grocery bill has nearly doubled! 38p for a 2 litre bottle of coke that last week was 19P! :evil:

38p I sell it for over £2 a bottle!

This is their own value stuff, which is actually really nice, better than pepsi or coke but the point is the rise since those coop mafia bosses took over!
Grrrrr!

[/b]tim How long have the co-operative association been run by the Mafia :eek:

Sponsored Links
Steve,

You have point here. 6 bottles of Waitrose cola in the house - 2 of them have red 'coke' lids on.

Paul

They are still labelled somerfield(yellow labels) just the price has gone up
I admit when I first saw those bottles i was a bit dubious as when i'd tried own brand cokes they were always either very sweet or had a sort of tinny taste to them if you understand what i mean, but at 19p it was worth a gamble, I found it was actually really nice, not sweet and not watery like some are but just right and i've been buying them ever since.
Must admit I couldnt understand how they did it at the price.
One thing is the co op needs to be careful with any price hikes as they could lose custom otherwise, It was the likes of these bargains that first attracted me to the store. I mean a rise of say 5p would have been acceptable due to the takeover but to double in price leave a sour taste in the mouth, and its not the coke. :D

Is it fek, it's Scottish! It's been hijacked be the Sherman tanks though. We used to go guisin on halloween and dook for apples.

Sponsored Links
Back