Halstead ace high firing up and turning off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have just moved into a property that has been vacant for over 3 months. There is a halstead ace high boiler installed and this was serviced and certified in full working order during the survey.
The pressure gauge was down to zero, I have filled the system to 1.5 bar, and checked the overheat reset button.
Whenever I turn on the hot water or heating, the boiler engages (fan\pump starts, boiler fires) but then stops almost immediately afterwards and the power light flashes. If I reset the boiler, the power light stays on constantly.
What can I do to get this working?

Sponsored Links
If the green power on LED is flashing, that usually indicates a problem with the water flow through the boiler, or the flow switch that detects the water flow. Turning the mains off and on should reset it. Wait a few minutes before trying again as there is an anticycle timer. If it keeps tripping then it will probably require professional investigation, something may be preventing flow such as an airlock, or the flow switch may be faulty.

When the green power on light is 'steady' that just means that power is present at the boiler regardless of whether it is actually running or not.

Thanks for your advice - I will try that this evening.

Can I turn the water off at the main stopcock, or should I use the supply to the boiler?

Also, I read that the filling loop should be disconnected after the system is filled. Is that correct? And also, is it normal to have a filling loop with only one valve on it?

Sponsored Links
Well its obviously faulty and will need an engineer to diagnose the fault.

So who serviced it and certified it as in full working order?

I suspect you should call him back as it obviously is not!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back