Halstead Ace High

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently replaced a thermistor as it was shorted out and replaced the mother board , since then the boiler often goes into Lockout when switching on the heating and or hot water.

What does it mean when it goes into Lockout please? And how do I resolve this?

Thanks and a Happy New Year to all on this forum.

Sponsored Links
Lockouts are often more critical faults related to combustion and you'll need to call out a GasSafe eng. to take a look.

Sponsored Links
Surprised you managed to get parts, bet they were expensive? Not particularly good boilers when they were new and the company is now defunct

£3.50 for a thermistor and £54.00 for a new motherboard with 1 year guarantee.
It turns out I did not need a new motherboard , but since I swapped the motherboard I get the Lockout problem which is cleared by turning off and on the electrical power to the boiler.
Suppose I should put the old motherboard back in, as I never got the Lockout problems with that motherboard.

At those prices I don’t think they are new
Yeah sounds more like "refurbished" parts to me, or just parts stripped from a boiler when it was uninstalled. Cheapest PCB I can find brand new is £215

Turning the power on and off wont reset that board, you need to reset it using the control knob , hold it in reset for at least 15 seconds and it will reset when released

Yes have tried the rest knob but does not always work, so I power it down for a minute then switch on

Thanks

Yes have tried the rest knob but does not always work, so I power it down for a minute then switch on

Thanks

Volatile memory, settings which are forgotten when power is off, can be retained for a few seconds with no power or as long as a battery can maintain the memory. None-volatile memory will retain the settings indefinitely, with no power and no battery - so a reset button is included to reset things back to default settings. Most modern boilers and control use the latter type of memory, so no point in turning the power off, the reset button has to be used, or the reset button combination advised by a manufacturer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back