Halstead Ace problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have a problem with my Halstead ace boiler. When either CH or DHW is requested, CH or DHW demand L.E.D lights and the burners come on but after a few seconds,minutes, half hour (time varies) both the burner and demand L.E.D drop out and boiler stops, and cycle keeps repeating itself.
I have had a new fan fitted (cured problem for a bout 3 days then started again). I have had a new PSW fitted to the fan, and the venturi has been blown out but not chemicaly cleaned (again cured problem for about a day and same started again). Have noticed that when the covers are off problem seems to go away, but obviously it is only being run for a small amount of time without covers on. I am an instrument technician so understand how things work but not being corgi registered I leave the work to my plumber, but he seems a bit stumped. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
not much knowledge of this boiler if get no joy get your plumber to ring manufacture and ask them for some technical support

get a registered gas engineer to check the flue, hoses from the fan to the air pressure switch and the aps.

Sponsored Links
When a new pressure relief valve is fitted, does it require setting up or does it come at a set pressure?

Cheers

I assume you mean the air pressure switch ? if it is an original halsead spare than it would be preset , u can get adjustable aps's , if boiler runs o.k with comb' chamber off , u have a fan , aps , or flue problem .

It's factory set to pressure stamped on head.

Check that the Venturi have not melted and distorted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back