Halstead boiler Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Halstead Buckingham 4 CFF80 now 4 years old. Last year I had to replace the pcb . Now the 3 amp fuse was blown , i traced this to the pump which i replaced last weekend but now the boiler is intermittant i've checked the thermostat and programmer as much as i can but the boiler just comes on when it wants. could i have introduced an air lock into the system. if so how do i get rid of it ...... i did shut off the valves top and bottom of the pump but the water just came past them ( yes they were tight shut) i had to drain the header tank to stop the water flow and change the pump ( which is in the loft ) This amateur has reached his limit Any help would be appricated thanks..

Sponsored Links
Halstead boilers dont seem as reliable as they should be!

Perhaps the PCB failed a year ago and perhaps the pump also failed recently.

It may be that the only problem is air in the system.

However, it does not surprise me that you have reached a problem as DIY parts replacement is not quite the same as a proper fault diagnosis by a competent professional.

Tony

Maybe something else blew when the 3 amp fuse went, maybe a pcb component, although this should be protected by a 2.5 amp quick blow fuse on the pcb.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back