Halstead boiler problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please could someone advise as to why my Halstead Quattro Gold will not supply DHW The Ch works ok but when I turn on a HW tap the boiler will cut out if CH is running. we have had a problem for ages with the DHW cutting out. Last year the Diverter was renewed and since then DHW kept locking out and the preasure drops all the time. I have reset the preasure but it always drops to zero Please could someone advise if this is a diverter problem again as dont want to pay £400 for plumber again

Sponsored Links
the gas pressures for this boiler are different for hot water and central heating, if the hot water causes the boiler to fail which button are u resetting, the 1 on the front, next to the on off switch or u say quattro, the overheat button on the TOP of the boiler. the white button on the front is lack /failure of ignition ie no gas or spark, the button on the top of the boiler is overheat. two different faults. need more info to determine fault fully.
the boiler technician

Sponsored Links
The Halstead Quattro diverter is one where (even) I don't charge RRP for the part. At £150 + vat (=176) it's a rip off.

:LOL: Thanks for your replies good news is I now have DHW after replacing the Thermistor, my only problem now is that the CH & DHW keep going into overheat lockout. Could this be the pump over run thermostat that is causing this or is it the PCB that i am being quoted for. :eek:

hi folks

does anyone know where the pressure value is to on these boilers?? mines is the same and has droped to 0 and red light is on i can reset it but it will lock out again as there is no pressure ..

cheers

where the pressure value is to
If you mean where the filling loop is, it's in the manual, and don't pick up ancient posts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back