Halstead boiler remote controller - HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Halstead Eden CBX 32 boiler which is controlled by a 'Radio frequency wireless programmable thermostatic single control 600535'.

I absolutely HATE this unfriendly, over complicated and difficult to use bit of kit. OK if your needs are simple but I work shifts and end up wasting heat because I will not spend my life pressing the + or - buttons millions of times to get it to do what I want! It must have been designed by a physicist for use by a nuclear engineer - 'rant over!

Is there a simple, easily programmable RF controller that is compatible with this boiler? If there is one what is it called and where can I get one? All I want is to simply set the weekly on/off times (and the temps) so that when I come home it has been on for half and hour say, without having to go through hell every time!

Please help - Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You can program your control to do simple things exactly as if it were a basic control, you don't need to replace it for that reason.

If you completely reset the control, it should only take a couple of minutes to set it up as if it were 70's timer by going through the basic steps in the manual.

Thanks, I know I can get it to do simple things but as I want to change its settings on almost a daily basis it is a real pain! If you had one you would know how awful it is!

I don't care if it costs me. I don't like this controller, what I need is a compatible one. Are the RF's boilers use the same?

Afaik, you can rig just about any boiler with just about any generic control.
Decent rf programmable stats are Honeywell and Siemens, other brands are decidedly less.
As for ease of use, only you can decide what you like best. I think you can download the manuals from all programmers, so you could read and decide which one you find most suitable.

Sponsored Links
Thanks bengasman,

The Instruction manual of the one I have is very confusing. For example - just to adjust a 'daily program' I have to push the - & + buttons a total of 41 TIMESjust to set it between 0630 and 2030! Thats all you can do on a daily basis - you can't programme it on and off twice for instance, which is what I would want it to do because of my shift patterns. If you want it on for an hour outside those times it won't remember the previous settings - it is an abomination!

Back to the basic ? then - is there a controller I can buy, fix to the wall, put a battery in and will work with existing RF receiver in the Eden CBX 32 which will SIMPLY do what I want it to? I don't even care if its clockwork! I have looked at other controllers but they don't list compatability.

Ta

I doubt there is any rf timer that will work with the existing base unit.
It may be possible to fit a simple mechanical timer and then use the existing unit as thermostat only.
You would need to check the boiler manual or call Halstead headoffice.
Do not believe anything they tell you in a shop; most of them don't have a clue.

Here lies another problem! halsted no longer exist - they have been taken over by Glynwed-Dimplex or similar and this controller is no longer made - there is no replacement according to them - perhaps they want to sell me a new boiler!!

Any ideas as to where to ask about frequencies?

The frequencies are irrelevant. If you want to know, you must ask for compatibility. I've never heard of it though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back