Halstead boiler tripping out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a halstead ace high combi boiler and it keeps tripping out whenever i turn hot water on or the heating comes on and i have to go and reset it every time. Somebody told me it could be the heating exchange sensor. I havnt got a clue about combi boilers so was wondering if anybody could tell me what the problem could be.

Sponsored Links
It has been the same since i got it installed. The plumber who fitted it has been out to it three times but he said he doesn't know what the problem is.

Not much of a plumber then was he? Was he CORGI'd?

Perhaps he hasn't bothered to flush hte system and boiler has got clogged.

Perhaps there is a servciing valve not turned on properly.

Perhaps there is a genuine problem with the boiler, but if it a recent installation it should be under warranty.

Sponsored Links
It probably is the plate HE blocked because your rubbish installer* did not clean the system.

Tell him to replace it at his cost!

I would also ask if he really is CORGI ?

Tony

He is rubbish because he did not clean the system and he cannot recognise the most common fault on a boiler.

Why has he not put a call into Halstead under warranty? That would have been my first thought after the first visit if I could not offer a simple remedy there and then :rolleyes:

'cos he probably isn't a CORGI or is so new to the job he shouldn't be fitting boilers.

That's my gut feeling anyway - hence he fitted a Halstead :rolleyes:

Could be fan venturi needs a good clean, which is the most common cause of lockouts on halstead.

Sorry just read it was like it since new, could still be venturi though.

Or can be faulty pump, sluggish differential pressure assembly or microswitch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back