Halstead Finest - 17 Rads - Additional Expansion Req'd?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Halstead Finest in an installation that has expanded to 17 radiators during our home extension activities.

I suspect I need an extra expansion vessel in this set up. The internal expansion vessel in the boiler is 7 ltr. I have no way of knowing the total system volume but my guess is that it must be around 120 ltr or so. (Say a rad is 6 ltr * 17 = 102 + pipework)

I've checked the pressure of the 'air' side of the existing vessel in the boiler and its around 1 bar with zero pressure on the water side.

The cold pressure of the system is 0.5 bar and it rises to 2.5 bar when hot. I suspect the PRV is opening slightly - if I take the system cold pressure to 1 bar it must lose water through the PRV because its down to 0.5bar when it gets cold again.

I think this system is only just coping with the water volume and needs an second expansion vessel.

Would that be right or an I missing something else.

Thanks

Ken

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back