Halstead Finest Gold Explodes!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I have been reading this forum on and off for the last 18 months. I found the forum after moving into a new house with a, oh no, Halstead Finest Gold combi boiler.

Obviously I had the 'safety lockout' problems with it overheating, and also had venturi probs, pilot light probs, the list is endless.

Yesterday I got home to a very cold house after work. I went down to the boiler expecting to see the flashing red overheat light flashing but no, no lights on at all.

The plumber has just been out and said he has never seen anything like it.

The inside heat resistant material has fallen inside the ignition chamber. The glass insert has melted (yes, you read right, melted glass), the front of the chamber (metal) has warped, the paint burned off the front, all wiring has been reduced to melted rubber, the PCB has imploded, all 3 fuses are gone.

The Hlastead Finest Gold is dead. The plumber had to condemn it and stick a corgi sticker over it and cut off the gas supply to the device.

I am really mega p1ssed off. New boiler needed, got no cash to pay for it, very very angry.
Any plumbers in or near Skipton are welcome to come and give me a quote! Will probably go for a Worcester or Baxi after reading the site.

Watch out people, this damned piece of junk could have reduced my house to kindling. Amazingly the overheat lockout didn't even kick in during this!

I_Hate_Halstead

Sponsored Links
Overheat is just on water temp in pipes, not if boiler is melting! This semms exceptionally bad luck, even for a halstead. One wonders if the previous owners had it serviced regularly/properly ;)

Look at the Vaillant Ecotec Plus range ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back