Halstead Heat 60 - Lockout & Burner On lights both flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Halstead Heat 60 (17yrs old).

2wks ago both the green Burner On light and the red Lock Out lights started flashing and the boiler won't attempt to fire up.

Tried resetting by turning the knob and also by turning the power off at the fuse - no activity.

I've had a new pump, 3 port valve and programmer fitted in the last 6 mths.

Last weekend my cousin came to fit a new PCB but he didn't use the new wiring in the box and attached it to the existing wiring.
The boiler fired up and approx 30mins later stopped again and the lights started flashing again.

Had 2 engineers out and the last one put a notice on the front of the boiler stating it was dangerous but didn't perform any checks. When I asked him why, he said it was because he didn't have a manual to consult! He said he'd phone the helpline and come back but seen nothing of him since.

Are there any Engineers out there who may be familiar with the Heat 60 and have an idea what the two flashing lights mean?

Attachments

• IMG_20210220_122945.jpg
    IMG_20210220_122945.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_20210220_130103_286.jpg
    IMG_20210220_130103_286.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 144
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Can you post a pic of the lights that you refer to not really sure what you mean

Yes as @Chris_W says it is indeed a Hero rebadged for wickes, everything is the exact same though, when you say the neons are flashing do you mean both together flashing at the same time or flashing alternatively ? are they definately flashing or constantly illuminated ?

Yes as @Chris_W says it is indeed a Hero rebadged for wickes, everything is the exact same though, when you say the neons are flashing do you mean both together flashing at the same time or flashing alternatively ? are they definately flashing or constantly illuminated ?
Both flashing at the same time

Original description seems to have changed. Also hard to tell, but you may have reversed polarity?

**Update**Engineer came out today. Fitted new wiring as the new PCB was attached to the old wiring. There was a loose connection. Fan checked. Air pressure checked. Boiler worked for a couple of hours then stopped again - both lights flashing together again and no other activity

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back