Halstead Quattro burner probem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, Can any one please help.

This evening my halstead quattro combi boiler has stopped working.

When it is turned on the pump runs, the fan runs then the green burner light comes on for a couple of seconds but the gas doesn't fire up. When I reset it there is a clicking sound made from the gas inlet and the same procedure happens. I have checked and one of the ignitors comes on for a few seconds. After this the gas inlet shuts off.

Sponsored Links
Can you be clearer on what happens. You say it doesnt fire up but one of the ignitors comes on? Whats an ignitor?

Sorry Rob,

I'm a spark so dont know the proper terms. It's one of the probes that generates a spark inside the burner part.

I apologize for my poor vocabulary with all thing relating to gas burners!

So it sparks but doesnt fire up..

Firstly is there gas on in the property check cooker etc. If so we can only assume its getting to the boiler.

Once confirmed is there 240v at gas valve. Could measure solenoid resistances aswell.

Not alot esle to check without getting into Corgi/gas territory..

Sponsored Links
There is definitely gas coming into the boiler. The solenoid is measuring about 114 ohms which I assume is ok. It's a 24vdc solenoid. I'm not getting any voltage at the solenoid.

Is there any way to prove the solenoid or am I know into the regions of someone calling someone who isn't likely to blow the house up

Is there a resettable o/h stat in series with the gas valve solenoid?

Tony

There is one at the top hidden away. This is ok. There is 9 v at the gas valve solenoid. I cant see this being a problem.
As it stopped working there was heavy rain outside. Is this a possibility or am I showing my ignorance

9v will not operate a 24 v solenoid.

That might indicate a PCB problem.

Have you measured the contact resistance of the o/h stat?

Tony

:LOL:

Dear all.

have now fixed the problem, it was a faulty gas inlet valve. As soon as this was replaced it all worked fantasticaly

Thanks for the replys steering me in the right direction

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back