Hammering water pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a baxi 105e combi boiler, and after the heating has been on for about an hour 1/2 the pipes start hammering.
The pressure is ok and the heating works fine could someone help me please

Sponsored Links
hammering ?

can you desc.

its not hot pipes expanding and creaking against the joists underfoot ?

cheers for the reply
would it take that long for the pipes to warm up?
i will check it out and see

sorry

the pipes start to bang (hammering sound) but it is ok for about an hour 1/2 then it starts, it didnt happen when we had our old boiler, but with this one it does

Sponsored Links
Old TRV's only suitable for flow in one direction through them. Most new ones are bidirectional.

What previous post is suggesting is that when new boiler was fitted the direction of flow through the system was reversed perhaps. Old TRVs are noisy if you reverse the flow through them.

would it take an hour and a half for the banging to happen - or would it happen straight away ? (by the way thank for all your help)

could take a while to happen as the TRV may need heating up to expand to the point where they starting throbbing

have u tried turning them down when its banging and see if that stops it? if it does you have your answer ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back