Hanging garden gate not flush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Today we've been trying to hang our new garden gate by using the old hinges,trouble is for some reason the bottom part of the gate is leaving a big gap where's the top part is flush to the wall.

If we put the hinges back on the old gate it's flush o_O:eek:

The new gates not warped, it's flat when layed down. Are we doing something wrong?

The only way we've got around this is by packing out the top hinge as a temp fix.

The wall does run at an angle

IMG_20220512_193121.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Is the post plumb? Is the wall opposite plumb?

To me it looks like the two walls aren't plumb with each other. Was the old gate warped?

You haven’t put the hinges on the post in the same vertical line .
I think that's his 'packing' at the top.

Anyway, something's not parallel with the rest, or the gate's twisted, get your spirit level out and find out what's not lining up.

Sponsored Links
Is the post plumb? Is the wall opposite plumb?

To me it looks like the two walls aren't plumb with each other. Was the old gate warped?
Hard to tell with the old gate it was a feather edge gate looks ok. The house and garage do run at an angle we noticed that when slabbing etc.

He said he packed it out not deliberately miss aligned it .
o_O

That's how the old gate was hung and that was exactly how the new gate was hung trouble is the new gate stuck well out at the bottom and this pic is with me holding the top in.
IMG_20220512_134709~2.jpg

IMG_20220513_211528.jpg

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back