hanging radiator on plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just had the bedroom replastered, on the external wall where the radiator was we have had insulated plasterboard installed and skimmed. I need to re-hang the radiator on the wall but was unsure if the board would hold it, or should i just use v long screws to get it into brick? Could i put up a thin baton secured into brick then fix the rad brackets to that? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Just use long screws(2 1/2") will be ample, but don,t go daft with 'em or you'll pull brackets too far into plasterboard :!:

For a light radiator I use the long frame fixing screws available from Wickes or similar. They are about 4-6" long and come in packs of 4 or so complete with long plastic plug sleeves.

For a really heavy rad use some lengths of 2" x 2" timber cut into the plaster board and use Rawl bolts right through the wood into the brick/block of the wall. This bolts the rad bracket 'direct' to the wall with no loading on the plasterboard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back