hanging tiles questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

i'm about to tile the walls of my new extension with redland plain tiles. i've got a couple of quick questions if anyone can offer any advice.

the extension is built with lightweight celcon blocks. what fixing would anyone recommend for fixing the battens to the wall? cheapest and quickest preferably.

on one side of the building i need to join into existing hanging tiles. the existing tiles have been nailed straight into the block wall and also stuck to each other and to the wall with mortar. if i use battens on that wall, the new tiles will stick out more thank the existing that i'm joining up to. just for that wall could i get away with fixing the tiles the way they have with nails and mortar straight onto celcon blocks?

i've just found out that redland don't make internal angles anymore, should i just cut and but up at the corner and put hidden lead soakers?

any advice appreciated.

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Not specific experience in this application but frame fixers would be quickest I guess, screws and plugs would be slightly cheaper. Those blocks are a pain. If you can get exterior grade no more nails it might work ok but with that weight I'd want some backup fixings.
Another option is to fix to ply and fix the ply to the wall, but that's not going to be quick or cheap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back