Hanson Postfix - Decking Posts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Folks

I'm setting out decking posts and plan to set them using Hanson Postfix (apparently better than Postcrete accroding to the forum).

The hole will be 300 x 300 x 700 deep. This is twice the depth of the instructions set out in Hanson's advice. Do I complete one bag as per the instructions, allow it to set and then do a second or do i mix both at the same time?

Help much appreciated

Alan

Sponsored Links
oh deery me you have it the other way round, bluecircle postcrete is miles better than that hanson crap, just my opinion mind, im no builder lol

postcrete you half fill the hole with water then add the mix, which sets very quickly, that hanson stuff they say add the mix then add water, i did a gate post with the hanson stuff and it lasted a year, when i took the post back out the bottom 3rd hadnt even set properly, also did half my posts for the decking with the hanson, then used postcrete on the rest, i wouldnt use anything else other than postcrete now, might be a £1 more expensive but its a lot less hassle and sets rapid style..

if you have already bought a load of he hanson stuff you probably better adding half a bag then adding the water, once the waters gone add the other half and do it that way till the holes full.. least that way your giving the water a chance get down and set the whole mix..

Thanks for the reply.

I haven't bought the materials yet. I was originally planning on using postcrete but then saw some posts on here about that the Hanson stuff was better.

I've seen a few posts about painting the ends of the deck post that are above ground in bitumen paint. is this just standard bitumen paint or any particular kind?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back