Happy new year all

Sponsored Links
pfft - staunch b word ter, that will mostly likely wreck the economy then wishes everyone a HNY.

you having a laugh :evil:

A very happy new year to you fillyboy and to all on general discussion, Brexers, Lefties, Righties, Plumbers......

Im having fun this evening, Ive got some stomach bug so got the sick bowl next to me. :eek:
My wife had it a couple of days back
My 91 year old Dad has suddenly become more frail, so Ive been making meals for him and trying to arrange care.
My FIL has dementia and Parkinsons and and has suddenly become incontinent and virtually unable to walk, ambulance called twice.
Currently in 2 minds whether to call ambulance this evening as he be woken up and Im ill so cant go round to lift him, in case I infect him or throw up.

On the bright side, 2020 can only improve :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Notch, I hope you and your relatives all recover quickly and 2020 is a good year for you all.

The rest of you GD'ers I hope you have a healthy, prosperous and happy 2020.

It's time we left the past behind us and started afresh.

A very happy new year to you fillyboy and to all on general discussion, Brexers, Lefties, Righties, Plumbers......

Im having fun this evening, Ive got some stomach bug so got the sick bowl next to me. :eek:
My wife had it a couple of days back
My 91 year old Dad has suddenly become more frail, so Ive been making meals for him and trying to arrange care.
My FIL has dementia and Parkinsons and and has suddenly become incontinent and virtually unable to walk, ambulance called twice.
Currently in 2 minds whether to call ambulance this evening as he be woken up and Im ill so cant go round to lift him, in case I infect him or throw up.

On the bright side, 2020 can only improve

And a very happy new year to you Notch, I wasn't aware about the bug till I phoned a customer today, then went up the pub and everyone told me they'd had it as they breathed in my face. Fingers crossed. I'm so sorry to hear about the elderly side of your family, my heart goes out to you, it really does. All I can do is extend my best wishes and pray the new year brings a favourable outcome for all concerned, I hope that doesn't sound crass, it's not intended to, but saying I hope they get well soon would sound even more stupid.
Anyway, keep your chin up and stay strong, there are a few 'lefties' I enjoy debating with, you're one of them, despite the fact you're usually wrong. Happy new year mate.

x

Notch wishing you speedy recovery, admire your ‘take it on the chin’ attitude
Good will and good luck in 2020 and beyond

Update :eek:

I was in bed feeling sick as a dog and my Dad rang (2.30am). "Ive fallen on the floor and cant get up".

Oh Joy o_O

Im thinking, Im would go over however sick I feel, but If I give him a stomach bug that coukd finish him off.
My wife said she would go and got dressed ready, but was worrying she might still be infectious....and Im not sure how she could lift him on her own.
The chances of getting an ambulance out at 2.30am on new years days.......

Eventually I managed to get my sister and BIL to answer their phone and they went over.

My FIL got better in the evening and even had a beer to celebrate NY.
Then he fell out of bed in the night and bloodied his nose.

On a positive note, I havent eaten anthing for 2+ days, so maybe Ive lost those holiday pounds :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

New year new decade just realised a new rollover on the gas meter too! Here's to another ten grand's worth of gas:LOL:

Attachments

• 15780655752525161663697870753243.jpg
    15780655752525161663697870753243.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 180
Update :eek:

I was in bed feeling sick as a dog and my Dad rang (2.30am). "Ive fallen on the floor and cant get up".

Oh Joy o_O

Im thinking, Im would go over however sick I feel, but If I give him a stomach bug that coukd finish him off.
My wife said she would go and got dressed ready, but was worrying she might still be infectious....and Im not sure how she could lift him on her own.
The chances of getting an ambulance out at 2.30am on new years days.......

Eventually I managed to get my sister and BIL to answer their phone and they went over.

My FIL got better in the evening and even had a beer to celebrate NY.
Then he fell out of bed in the night and bloodied his nose.

On a positive note, I havent eaten anthing for 2+ days, so maybe Ive lost those holiday pounds :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I think you will find out that unfortunately you are the exception to the rule, your father is both lucky and I would expect proud that he has children that still look after him. It's something that I have found Asian families do by default - you don't see their parents and grandparents in Nursing and Residential homes. I think it's something sadly we have lost over time with people becoming more insular and selfish.

Sponsored Links
Back