Hard Brexit - food, fuel, drug shortages

so you're unperturbed by additional costs and workload exporting to the EU as a result of our current government's approach.

That's nice for you.
I voted remain. My head said remain but my heart said leave.

However, the country voted to leave. Now we have to get on with it and make the best of it.

Yes there will be bumps and bangs, but there are also a whole load of opportunities that people could and are looking to make the most of if people are prepared to take their blinkers off and look outside of Europe.

Sponsored Links
it says

"the biggest producer of vinyl in the world"

But it means "the biggest producer of vinyl gramophone records in the world"

i.e. not very big.

take their blinkers off and look outside of Europe.

Yes, there are still some countries in the world that the EU hasn't got trade agreements with, so we could have a go at them.

Somalia, for example.

I wonder why it is that nobody's bothered to arrange trade deals with these markets before.

Sponsored Links
We've also employed approx 25 more staff
That will help to offset the drain, to name just one company relocating out of UK:
Here are some of the other companies moving out of the UK because of Brexit

1. Deutsche Bank
Earlier this year, rumours circulated that Deutsche Bank could move 4,000 jobs out of the UK, nearly half of its UK workforce, over concerns it won’t be able to conduct business throughout Europe once the UK leaves the union.
https://www.verdict.co.uk/which-companies-could-leave-the-uk-because-of-brexit/

Hardly a blatant generalization, but just as valid as your sole experience in one industry.
One example picked up in the news today. If I bothered to look I am sure there are many more.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-44202942
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-44202942

In the very same article it makes reference to a newly setup, UK company called 'Vinyl Presents' who have just starting pressing vinyl records in the UK.

i quote from your article "We will benefit from Brexit," says Daren Fudge, the Director of Vinyl Presents, a new pressing plant in Portsmouth. "It will make us competitive with Europe once Brexit is implemented"

Sole experience? The above kind of shoots that argument down and did you read my comments about how we're finding a good number of UK based manufacturers who are doing the same sort of thing as we are and starting manufacturing products in the UK that we're now buying from.

Yes, there are still some countries in the world that the EU hasn't got trade agreements with, so we could have a go at them.

Somalia, for example.

I wonder why it is that nobody's bothered to arrange trade deals with these markets before.

You seem to have a problem with Somalia.... Why????

Somalia, for example.

Many companies have focused on Europe because its been an easy option. However, Brexit has encouraged us to look outside of Europe and found that trading with countries outside of Europe isn't as hard as we'd thought.

However, trading with Europe from countries outside of Europe is much harder because of EU standards and bureaucracy. I look forward to being free of that.

You seem to have a problem with Somalia

No I don't.

But as an export market, it doesn't compare well with the EU.

Tell me why nobody's bothered exporting to all these untapped markets you envisage.

In the very same article it makes reference to a newly setup, UK company called 'Vinyl Presents' who have just starting pressing vinyl records in the UK.

i quote from your article "We will benefit from Brexit," says Daren Fudge, the Director of Vinyl Presents, a new pressing plant in Portsmouth. "It will make us competitive with Europe once Brexit is implemented"

Sole experience? The above kind of shoots that argument down and did you read my comments about how we're finding a good number of UK based manufacturers who are doing the same sort of thing as we are and starting manufacturing products in the UK that we're now buying from.
and the rest of the comment:
You don't have to look hard for the other point of view though.

That level of positivity, or in fact any positivity at all, was hard to find at a recent meeting of the vinyl industry in Brighton.
Your sole experience is equally valid as this one example that I have given.

In addition there are numerous other examples I have given of companies leaving the UK.
Swings and roundabouts, although considerably more swings than roundabouts.

Brexit = Hotel California, i.e. checks out but never leaves. :ROFLMAO:
The government's latest proposals on the customs backstop - what happens if there is no super-duper free trade agreement or miraculous customs arrangements ready by the time we leave the European departure lounge, have finally been circulated around government departments this morning.
Progress, right? Not so fast.
Sources who have seen the four page document tell me that it is "anodyne", that it is like Hotel California, where the UK checks out and never leaves - essentially, it's not up to snuff.
The specific objections are that while the document says that there should be a time limit on closer ties to the EU, it doesn't say either what that time limit should be, or whose decisions it will be to say when time is up.
The document merely says that the backstop will "only be in place until the future customs arrangement can be introduced"...
Downing Street's slow journey to controversial compromises won't please everyone...
If the proposals don't even make it across the Channel what progress can there really be?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44383240

How about Hotel Brexit, checks out but never leaves? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back