hard water problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Hoping for some help I have just had some of the house plumbing done and we found a large buildup of lime scale in the pipes.

I know a friend who had great success using an electronic water softener he bought from www.waterimp.co.uk but I am a bit sceptical becasue it doesn't seem to actually change to water like a normal water softener.

Has anyone else tried one of these devices with any success? I want a bit more advice before I go and buy one.

Dave

Sponsored Links
They claim to use radio / magnetic frequnency to break down / prevent limescale build up.
some people (like your friend) swerar by them.

before buying one i would suggest you search the net for them, you will find them cheaper elsewhere, some pond keepers use them to stop the buid up of certain types of algae, you may want to search fir watergardening sites / some garden centres have them too

Thanks for the advice I have decided to go for it after having a good look around.

I did find some cheaper ones after a lot of searching and some much more expensive ones (some were 500$) than the one my friend got but I have decided to stick with the one my friend got because the guy I wrote to at Water Imp answered my email today and said that if I wasn't happy I can return it for a no quibble refund anyway within 190 days.

The cheapest ones I found were 49$ but they were premenant magnet ones and I have read that they wear out. The Water imp elf model is 95$ so it's not that much extra espeicailly since they responded so quickly and this is the one my friend Paul recommended to me their site www.waterimp.co.uk also looks the most professional from the ones I found.

I shall come back in a few months to let you know how I got on.

Thanks again.

Dave

Sponsored Links
one question.

you said "premenant magnet ones and I have read that they wear out. "

dont know who the author was but don't believe it. how does a magnet that never touches anything wear out?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back