Hard wax oil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Very late in the day attempt here.

I am sanding my floors, started today, will finish tomorrow. And boy do they look good.

However, I've ordered hardwaxoil to finish them, and the bloody supplier has let me down. Should have delivered today. I called them at 4.30 and was told driver is running late but will get it to me for sure. They have now closed for the weekend.

Anybody know anywhere in Essex I might pick some up tomorrow (saturday)?

ps - I will tell the supllier - who have 'next day delivery' splashed on their site but have failed me (despite me ordering on monday) - to shove theirs where the sun don't shine!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the offer woodyoulike, Ashford was a bit too far (I was busy sanding!!)

I will receive the hardwaxoil today, the matt finish.

Can I leave 24 hours between coats, i.e. first coat 8pm tonight, same again tomorrow night?

Alternativley I do it tonight and get up at the crack of dawn tomorrow to second coat!!!

Also, anything I need to do between coats (i.e. remove dust with tack rag??)

trotter said:
Can I leave 24 hours between coats, i.e. first coat 8pm tonight, same again tomorrow night?
Also, anything I need to do between coats (i.e. remove dust with tack rag??)
24 hours in between sounds good, DON'T leave more than 48 hours between the coats!
Best is not to do anything (dust will settle down anyway just after you think you have removed it and tack rag could leave marks.)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back