Hard wiring cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Getting a Rangmaster cooker this weekend, my previous cooker just plugged into a 13amp socket but this new cooker has to be hard wired.
The existing socket that I'm using for the old cooker is on its own circuit straight to the fuse box using 6.5 mm cable.
What would I need to get this new cooker working.
Obviously until I get it I can't tell you the rating etc, all I know is it's got 2 ovens but hob is gas.
What breaker I needs depends on the rating....that much I do know but what about physically wiring in the cable from the cooker to the power.
The existing socket is double pole but it's only a socket.
Can you point me to what I need please as no idea.
Thank you in advance.
I will add the rating when I get new cooker

Sponsored Links
Give us the model number and we/you can look it up! But if it's a gas hob, the 6mm circuit will be adequate. What rating MCB/fuse is on that circuit?

NOTE: the breaker is there to protect the CABLE. You do not need to change it to ' match' the cooker. So that's a bit different to what you think.

To connect, remove the socket and fit a cooker connection point, then wire the new cooker in.

The existing socket that I'm using for the old cooker is on its own circuit straight to the fuse box using 6.5 mm cable.
Which part is 6.5mm? Diameter?
What is the rating of the fuse or MCB that protects this circuit.
Do you have a "cooker" switch above the worktop?

What would I need to get this new cooker working.
Depends on the answer to the above and rating of the cooker.

Obviously until I get it I can't tell you the rating etc, all I know is it's got 2 ovens but hob is gas.
If it needs hard wiring, then it must be more than a socket could handle.

What breaker I needs depends on the rating....that much I do know
It more depends on the cable.

but what about physically wiring in the cable from the cooker to the power.
That's the easy bit.

The existing socket is double pole but it's only a socket.
Irrelevant.

Can you point me to what I need please as no idea.
Not yet.

I will add the rating when I get new cooker
Ok.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back