Hardieback over chipboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey people

Just a quick one doing the house up and it's now the bathrooms turn..

Atm the bathroom is on just joists. I got loads of spare chipboard left over. I know ideally it's Marine ply onto joists then hardieback on top on marine ply.

BUT as I have chipboard left over (green one) I was wondering if I could place the chipboard on the joists (fix firmly so no movement) then put hardieback over the chipboard so I can tile.

The joists are huge at 75mm width and in the bathroom they are doubled up so 150mm width and around 250-300mm apart so plenty of area to get chipboard fixed too.

Would this work or would I get cracked tiles down the line ??

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
no that will work fine, glue and screw your chipboard down and glue the T & G joints. Then glue and screw 6mm hardie. use a cheap flexi tile adhesive to glue the hardie down.

no that will work fine, glue and screw your chipboard down and glue the T & G joints. Then glue and screw 6mm hardie. use a cheap flexi tile adhesive to glue the hardie down.

Thanks for your response mate will glue all down

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back