hardstanding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I propose to build a hardstanding in the garden at the front of my property,can you tell me who is responsible for the services,gas ,water and electric which look as though they run from the boundary and then under the proposed hardstanding to my house.
Regards

Sponsored Links
check with the suthorities concerned. it used to be anything up to the meter or the stopcock was the companies, anything after was the householders in terms of maintenance, however you put a pick axe through it and you pay! They should all be at a minimum depth of 750mm , so unless youre building a hardstanding for a cheiften tank you should be alright!

Thanks for all the advice,.The sevices come in just under the dampproof course but there are two lots of steps up to the pavement I would guess that myproperty is about three feet lower than the public footpath,would the services be 750mm deep approaching my d/proof course thus making them approx1.5 mtrs deep when they enter my boundary at the footpath.

Sponsored Links
they should be to avoid the sort of situation of someone putting a pick axe through them. if you are going to excavate do so very carfully!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back