Hardwall Hardwall Hardwall !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just wondered how everyone floats their hardwall up?

i have been using a sponge float when quite wet and it working for me,

i find hardwall to be tempramental , sometimes great sometimes a pain in the arris, great for small patches, pain on whole walls!

Sponsored Links
you use a sponge float to float your hard wall up?
i lay on, rule off, devil scratch, then skim, sponge float hardwall? and when its wet? :confused:

devil scratch? ?? i lay on, rule off, wait, spongefloat little scrape and skim, seems to work well for me but i am aware this is not a widely used technique!
It just i always seem to have trouble rubbing it up with a poly float.

Sponsored Links
devil scratch? ??
yes lol devil scratch for key, rule it off wait for it to firm up then devil scratch it with a devil float nowdays they are using diamond pattern plastic ones where you can devil scratch it before it gets firm
here is a link
http://www.refina.co.uk/acatalog/Plastic_floats___trowels.html put 3 or 4 screws in the end and use it as a devil float rule off then devil float with this and its ready to skim

Also a ply/wood float will 'cut' any bumps and flatten it in if done properly rather than just closing it in.

Try changing your timings . Make sure you clean the float regularly, and perhaps splash a little water on it if struggling.

Spnge float wil close it in but not make it flatter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back