Hardwood decking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm looking to build a decking area approx 30m^2. I really like the look of hardwood decking. But I'm not sure which is best to go for, or what the best place to buy it is. Prices seem to be about £80 per sq meter at best, (just for the planks) Its a lot to spend, but it should last.

What I don't want, is something that's going to be really slippy when wet and most hard woods are smooth planks.

I haven't totally forgot about soft woods, but don't like the green look, or the deeper ribs on the top.

I'm open to any suggestions/tips etc.

Sponsored Links
Oh and if you don't like the green look, you can get untreated larch heartwood, which would last the best part of a lifetime. It will turn to a silver/grey if left to it's own devices

Sponsored Links
Do you think if I got untreated Larch then stained and varnished it, it'd stay a brown color?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back