Paving on top of DPC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

I have a garden that sits on top of an underground car park. In my garden there is a DPC membrane covering the entire surface area also coming up the side of the property. Previously this was covered by about 80 sq metres of decking. I’m now ripping up the decking which is rotten through.

I’m not keen to replace the soft wood decking like for like, nor do I want to fork out for hard wood / composite decking and would prefer paving.

Are there any particular regulations or best practice standards around this I should be aware of?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
As long as surface water can get to wherever it needs to go then I can't see a problem in the water sense, though you may need a grit bed and open grit jointing to allow water to travel.

80m2 of standard paving will weigh around 8-10 ton plus the bedding material which will add another 4-6 ton so that needs to be checked , though I suspect the car park is more than upto the specified requirements.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back