Hardwood floor sanded but what do I protect it with?

B

Big Tone

I’m just coming to the end of sanding my dirty old hard-wooden floor, which has been a right pain, and would appreciate any advice as to what is the best ‘thing’ I can put on it.

I want to keep it the same light colour as much as possible because I’ve painted the room in magnolia, the neutral modern paint of choice I believe. It also compliments the cream curtains I’ve fitted and so it now belongs in the 21st century at last. The only thing which stands to let it down is the floor but I don’t want it really dark like it was before and I want to protect it of course.

So far I’ve had suggestions from work colleagues such as: linseed oil, beeswax and Ronseal Hard Glaze. I like the sound of the last one because if it does what it says on the tin it sounds like it will be resilient to boots as well as being waterproof so I can clean it. But what other products are out there which trump these, if any?

Ta in advance

Tone

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back