Has anyone in power got any balls?

I'm guessing you've never met the Aborigines then? :mrgreen:
You're just being provocative Joe. They are wonderful and have skills and an oneness with our planet the so-called 1st world should envey and respect more..

Sponsored Links
Have you ever been to Redfern or The Alice? I guess not. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And so it begins... again...

And I ask, again, does DIYnot REALLY need a general discussion area and what does it do, (what has it ever achieved), except rancour and division? (Rhetorical).

Kinda like having an area for prostitutes to advertise on a Christian website imo.

Next wise crack please...

Sponsored Links
To get back to the O/P.. I am one of those despicable people who don't vote precisely because it's like a choice between leprosy and syphilis.

At this point some gonk usually says "if you don't vote you can talk about politics", or some such. Okay, so I've got to vote for some unelectable nob simply as a protest vote have I?

I remember a quip a dear old friend once used, "What you need is a benevolent dictator". Not saying I agree but I know where he's coming from. I don't know if it's because they are just all inept or the influence of the politically correct brigade, but I don't think our democracy is working because we keep getting idiots at the helm.

I think the only one I wanted to vote for but he sadly died before his chance was John Smith. A very intelligent man and I think he would have had the balls. A true Labour Party leader as well, not some prat who should be tried as a war criminal. :evil:

I'll agree with BT about John Smith, I think the country would definitely be a different place had he been PM.

To get back to the O/P.. I am one of those despicable people who don't vote precisely because it's like a choice between leprosy and syphilis.

At this point some gonk usually says "if you don't vote you can talk about politics", or some such. Okay, so I've got to vote for some unelectable nob simply as a protest vote have I?

I'm presuming the 'unelectable nob' might be Nigel Farage.

He's only unelectable because people think he's unelectable. If people would just make the effort and vote for their local UKIP candidate, that party would take the majority and obtain a seat in parliament. If that were repeated throughout the country, they'd form the government.

No, it need not be just a protest vote.

Please, give them a chance. It's no good just complaining about the 'major parties' being as bad as each other; the problem with that is they'll continue to make a mess of governing the country and we'll continue to complain about it.

He's only unelectable because people think he's unelectable. If people would just make the effort and vote for their local UKIP candidate, that party would take the majority and obtain a seat in parliament. If that were repeated throughout the country, they'd form the government.

Please, give them a chance. It's no good just complaining about the 'major parties' being as bad as each other; the problem with that is they'll continue to make a mess of governing the country and we'll continue to complain about it.
Fair point JBR and feeling admonished here. My prob? Who can tell me who's second in command? (or 3rd?)

Answer? Honest answer? Very few know!

So you vote for ONE person, ONE man, who is educated, articulate - and will never make PM because he hasn't enough members and can't form a Government. ..

Be honest now, who is Nigel's second in command? And I like the guy, as much as any pleb can ever like any politician...

Fair point JBR and feeling admonished here. My prob? Who can tell me who's second in command? (or 3rd?)

Answer? Honest answer? Very few know!

So you vote for ONE person, ONE man, who is educated, articulate - and will never make PM because he hasn't enough members and can't form a Government. ..

Be honest now, who is Nigel's second in command? And I like the guy, as much as any pleb can ever like any politician...

Hang slack! Who is second in command at present? Nick Clegge :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: sorry I fell off my seat laughing, are you trying to tell me that our Nige can't muster up as good or better than the muppets we have in power at not only at this moment in time but over the last 50years!! I'm not evben going to mention the leader of the opposition, he looks like he's fresh out of kindergarten!!

Paul Nuttall.

OK, I admit it. I had to look it up!

Do what I did. Look at their web site. Yes, they do have policies and, not surprisingly, I agree with them!

I'd feel very confident with Paul Nuttall as second in command....Go and have a chat with him.... He's from the real world.

This all assumes I agree with Nigel's core argument, which is a stumbling point for me. I actually want us to be a United States of Europe and think it is in our best interest - long term!

Yes, we're in the $h1t but that was a gravy train which was aways going to derail due to successive incompetent governments.

In the same way America is united by a common currency and armed force I think Europe should unite to become 'one'. Ideally, one day, I would hope for a united world, but that's fantasy for a long time after I am dead sadly.

On politicians themselves next..

I thought most on here were about my age, in your 50s. So you should have memories, like me, of new hope PM after new hope PM? Go back most recently to Nick Clegg when he stood up on stage in a head to head battle of intelect and policies. It's hard to believe it now, because like the others he's had a lobotomy, but at the time he was 'more popular than Jesus', remember?

I understand the urge and need for a 'new broom' but I'm old enough to have seen enough examples of be careful what you wish for.

I say again, who and how many good heavyweights are in UKIP anyway. We got one which, to JBR's credit, he had to look up. I didn't know either TBH.

Even the leader of the BNP is an educated and articulate man, dare I say it, but did you ever see others in his party interviewed? I did and they reminded me of the Monty Python sketch of my brain hurts. All that was missing was the handkerchief on their heads.

For now it is still a two horse race, currently with an a$s clinging on to the leader. When a VIABLE alternative surfaces I may feel compelled to vote. Until then, the Politicians are asking themselves why there are so many who feel so disaffected from politics and whom don't vote, like the idiots they are...

(But hey, I don't vote so I'm not allowed an opinion on politics)

Sponsored Links
Back