EDL

S

Sombrero

What do people think (recent news story aside)?

I've not been a political really, but getting moreso of late...

I don't like foreigners coming here trying to change how I live my life - that's all. I don't mind foreigners at all, but don't try to force me to do anything.

And I started following Tommy Robinson (EDL leader?) on twitter to try and understand their problem. They have a bad rap it seems, and there's plenty of evidence to support that...

However, in all that I've read from @EDLTrobinson, he really seems a decent bloke with a proper view on how to save Britain from the extremists.

I could quite easily be proven wrong, I suspect, but I hope I'm not.

In the two months I've been following him (including the Lee Rigby murder), his main aim has been to denouce any violence, to oppose islam and sharia law and to want the right to be British. He organised marches to honour Lee Rigby, but has requested silent, non alcoholic and respectful marches. He's been attack many times, and abused on the internet more than anyone else I can imagine... Quite a lot of the abuse is vile, and were it aimed at someone else, the abuser would be hauled up for sure !

I hope this twitter account is not a cover, because for me, what this guy says is about right...

If we allow a group of muslims to rip up flowers laid at a war memorial in support of Lee Rigby are we wrong to stand up to that?
(I can post the video if you need it... )

I understand the EDL may have a bad history? of undesirable hangers on?

I sound like I'm a banged to rights supporter... I'm not. I want to be. But I don't know enough of their agenda... the bits I've referred to thus far are fine by me !!

Sponsored Links
to me most religions are (mostly) passive, and by that that I mean they just exist.... but islam is different, it actively tries to convert, especially young people... and with a war like mentality to those that dont conform..

I also know little about the EDL. I have heard that they, or at least some of their supporters, have done some unacceptable things. I have also heard Tommy Robinson speak and agree that he seems a normal down to earth person who just wants our country back.

I'm looking forward to an enquiry as to who was responsible for the arson at the mosque widely reported today. Clearly, EDL are in the immediate firing line due to the message scrawled on a wall. Something tells me, however, that this may not be what it seems.

I do hope there will be a proper investigation and that its findings will not be censored.

wow, wanted to prompt at least some abuse in order to see where my level is (thanks K ;)

but nothing !!

are we a passive nation these day? what if Hitler was ratling about killing your children that didn;e have blonde hair?

Incidentally. Tommy Robinson is on Daybreak at 7.10am tomorrow (he normally gets invited. then declined at the last minute), but I'm hugely interested to see if he has the mettle to win over popular support, and shake off any 'extreme' label?!!

Sponsored Links
Clearly, EDL are in the immediate firing line due to the message scrawled on a wall. Something tells me, however, that this may not be what it seems.

no, I've nipped round and sprayed over the EDL logo and sprayed "Jeo 09"..

Back