Have I been told correctly?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am fitting a new kitchen I have taken all the cupboards off the walls and removed all the tiles.

The tiles were from work top to under the wall units. When I retire, I am only going 2 tiles high, or I may go for an upstand.

I have removed about 95% of the old tile adhesive and the remaining stuff is really smooth, no raised lumps. I feel like I can't get any more off without, damaging the walls. The plasterer who is skimming the walls says 'all of it has to come off

My hands are really sore. Do I keep going or will he be ok to skim over the top?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I doubt you will be able to get it all off without taking off the existing plaster.

It sounds like you've done enough

Post a pic for people to better advise

you’ll need to get it all off , even if that means taking some of the plaster with it.
for a plasterer it makes more sense to fill in say 6mm low spots here and there , rather than a whole wall of 6mm + plaster to cover the adhesive lumps you couldn’t be bothered to remove.

Sponsored Links
I doubt you will be able to get it all off without taking off the existing plaster.

It sounds like you've done enough

Post a pic for people to better advise

Thanks. The plasterer was fine with the amount of adhesive left behind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back